How to Start the Mi-Fi JetPack
Occasionally our Spectrum internet service provider has outages. To ensure internet service to our tenants, Bauer Properties provides a backup option for internet service. Here are instructions on how to implement this backup internet service.
- Locate the Mi-Fi in the black in-and-out box marked "Verizon Mi-Fi" in the middle mail cabinet near the back door.
- Take the Mi-Fi out of the mesh bag.
- Turn on the Mi-Fi by holding the button on the top of the Mi-Fi until it powers up.
- The first digital screen that appears, will state "Usage Info is currently Unavailable".
This will occur until it locates a connection.
- The second digital screen that appears, will state "Connecting to the Network. Please Wait...".
This will occur until it connects.
- The third digital screen that appears, will display the Verizon Network usage information.
- At this point, take a look at the battery icon in the right-hand corner of the Mifi Jetpack screen and confirm the battery has a full charge.
If it is not, use the charging cord located in the mesh bag to charge the Mif-Fi Device. There is a plug next to the microwave if needed.
- Leave the JetPack Mi-Fi next to the plug so all tenants can gain access to the Mi-Fi as needed in an outage.
- Once the Verizon Network usage information displays, you may now connect your device.
- On your phone, tablet or computer, go to the Wi-Fi settings screen. Here is an example on the iPhone
- Select Wi-fi option. Wi-fi option will show all the available networks. Select "Verizon-791L-C3A3". Note it may take a moment to appear.
- When prompted, enter the password for the Verizon-791L-C3A3 network. The password can be found on a card within the mesh bag.
- When you leave the office and no one else is on site, turn off the Mi-Fi and return it to the mesa bag and black box marked Verizon Mi-Fi in the mail cabinet.
- If for some reason you are unable to connect, text me and I will walk you through the process.