How to Book Appointments
- BOOKING ENOUGH TIME
When booking appointments, it is recommended tenants select the greatest amount of time needed to guarantee their needs are meet. Below are some appointments scheduling polices set into place to guarantee a smooth transition between all our tenants.
Tenants are asked to book the room 10-15 minutes prior to when their client meeting will start. This will allow extra time to get settled in, straighten the room, and/or address any room change-over situations. Also, tenants are asked to book the room at least 10-15 minutes prior to when their client meeting ends to allow extra time in the event your client needs extra time. Tenants have mentioned to me, they start their room booking at 1:00 then schedule their client appointment at 1:15 pm. They also allow for 15-30 after their last client meeting to complete their notes and documentation. Bauer Properties recommends and encourages tenants to use this extra time approach.
- AVOID ROOM HOLD OVER
Tenants are asked to avoid “Room Hold Over” at all costs. “Room Hold Over” occurs when a tenant’s room schedule ends at 1:00 pm and the tenant is still using the room at 1:05 pm (or any time after 1:00 pm). Not only will the “Room Hold Over” cause the tenant additional fees, it will also cause significant stress and inconvenience for the tenant who has the office booked at 1:00 pm.
If a Tenant holds over a room after their book time schedule has ended, the tenant will incur a $50.00 “Room Hold Over” Fee plus an hourly rental at $20.00 for each portion of an hour over the scheduled appointment.
The “Room Hold Over” policy is set in place to guarantee a smooth transition between Tenants when scheduled appointment times are back to back.
Tenants should schedule the extra time they may need to avoid these possible situations. For example, if your client appointment ends at 1:15 pm then you should book the room until 2:00 pm. This may appear as if a tenant is incurring additional costs that are not needed. However, adding an additional hour at a cost of $10.00 is less than incurring the additional $70.00+ fee if a “Room Hold Over” occurs.
All our tenants are wonderful people and there should not be an issue with them refusing to exit the room if they do not have it scheduled. However, if this does occur please contact Jeanie Bauer (714) 321-4110 or Jerry Bauer (714) 702-4546 immediately. This is grounds for lease termination if they do not have the room booked and are refusing to leave the room. Courtesy and professionalism should always be honored by all tenants at Bauer Properties.
- BE MINDFUL OF WHEN YOU APPOINTMENT IS COMING TO AN END
All tenants should be mindful of their time when it is coming to an end and avoid “Room Hold Over” at all costs.
If continual Hold Overs occur, a tenants Lease shall be terminated.
What to Do when another Tenant is in the Office You Have booked.
- First, logon to the Appointment Calendar and confirm the room you have booked. Once in the past, I received a call from a tenant that told me someone was occupying their room when instead the tenant was just mistaken about the room they had booked.
- Second, if there is someone using the office prior to your appointment, do not interrupt their appointment until your scheduled appointment time. For example, if you have the room booked at 1:00 pm and there is someone in the office at 12:50 pm, please wait until 1:00 pm to address the situation. Please see the information above on "How to Book Appointments" to guarantee a smooth transition between clients.
- Third, after you have confirmed you have the correct room. Knock on the door and let the other tenant know you have the office booked and are waiting. Although this may seem discourteous, it is the previous tenant’s responsibility to be award of their time schedule and vacate the room when their time has ended. Tenants are asked to AVOID “Room Hold Over” at all costs. If this occurs, please send me an email at JBauer@BauerProperties.com
- Please consider tenants may be unaware they are holding the office over and there is an appointment after theirs, so even though there may be issues always treat others with respect and courtesy.
- All tenant door plaques are located in the mail slot area for tenant’s use.
- "By Appointment" tenants shall place their door plaque in the designated slot next to their office door prior to the office use.
- When the appointment is complete, the door plaque is removed from the door and placed back in the mail slot area.
Booking Appointments using the Online Calendar
- Once signed up with Bauer Properties, tenants may book appointments using the Online Calendar.
- If tenants need the accounting staff to schedule their appointments, we would be glad to help. Please note a $25.00 processing fee is associated with this service.
Need to Add a One Hour?
- Using the online calendar, an additional Hour can be easily added to any existing appointment.
- This booking type is only to be used to ADD TO an existing appointment.
- The additional hour can be added right before, right after, or within the same day as an existing 2-hour minimum appointment.
- If not booked with an existing 2-hour minimum appointment within the same day, an additional $10.00 appointment fee and an additional $25.00 bookkeeping fee shall be billed.
- All booking appointment fees shall be paid at time of booking and are non-refundable.
- If the required payment is not made at the time of booking, a PayPal request for payment will be sent via email. This request will include a processing fee in the amount of $25.00 for additional bookkeeping. No additional appointments will be authorized until this amount has been paid.
- The $25.00 processing fee can be avoided if you make a PayPal Payment within one (1) day of your scheduled appointment. Click here for PayPal Payment Instructions.
- Booked appointments may be cancelled within one (1) hour after the initial appointment is made.
- Payments made for cancelled appointments (cancelled within one (1) hour after the initial) can only be applied to future appointments.
- In this case, the following procedure should be followed:
Step 1. Book the New (correct) appointment you desire using the Online Calendar. When booking the appointment, do NOT pay for the appointment in the area indicated to pay.
Step 2. Cancel the old appointment using the Online Calendar. When cancelling the old appointment, add in the comment section "This appointment was cancelled and a new appointment was booked within one (1) hour."
Step 3. Send an email to Accounting@BauerProperties.com
- New (correct) Appointment Booked: Add date & time
- Old (wrong) Appointment Cancelled: Add date & time
- Appointments cancelled after the one (1) hour courtesy period, will not be issued a refund. Further, the payment for a cancelled appointment may not be applied to future appointments. If this occurs, an additional $25.00 Bookkeeping Fees shall be applied.
- Rescheduling booked appointments is not allowed.
- Rescheduling an appointment is considered the same as cancelling an appointment then scheduling
a new appointment. Please see the Cancelling Appointments Policy above and executed lease
for more information.
- Although the scheduling software allows tenant to reschedule an appointment this feature
should not be used. Unfortunately, we cannot turn off the feature without turning off
the feature for canceling appointments.
- If the rescheduling feature is used to reschedule an appointment, payment for the new appointment
and a processing fee in the amount of $25.00 will be due and will be billed using PayPal.
- This policy has been set in place to avoid additional bookkeeping expense. All policies have
been put in place to help us to keep the costs as economical as possible.
- There are occasions when Bauer Properties approves a tenant to reschedule an Appointment.
For example, if you scheduled appointment falls on a holiday.
In these cases, the following procedure should be followed:
1. Book the new appointment you desire using the Online Calendar.
2. Cancel the old appointment using the Online Calendar. When cancelling the old appointment, add in the comment section all the details regarding the Cancelled Appointment and New Appointment that was approval by Bauer Properties.
3. Send an email to Accounting@BauerProperties.com with all the details regarding the Cancelled Appointment and New Appointment that was approval by Bauer Properties.
Monthly Maintenance Fee
- Bauer Properties tenants sometimes ask, "Can you waive the Monthly Maintenance Fee?".
Unfortunately, we are unable to do so. The Monthly Maintenance Fee has been put into place
for times when hourly tenants have stopped renting the rooms regularly.
The Monthly Maintenance Fee covers the maintenance of the building.
- Without this fee, Bauer Properties would not be able to offer the offices for Flexible By-Appointment usage.
Bauer Properties keeps costs to a minimal to be able to offer our tenants with low rental rates.
Therefore, the Monthly Maintenance Fee is required to pay the monthly bills.
Bauer Properties Always Here to Help...
- All policies have been put in place to help us to keep the costs for our tenants as economical as possible.
- We hope placing the policies here makes it easier. Our goal is for everyone to succeed.
- If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us. We would be more than happy to help.